Call me nosy, but I’m always curious to know what apps and/or subscription services people are subscribed to, if any at all. Like, what services do you love so much that you keep spending your hard earned cash on every single month? I genuinely would […]
Month: June 2017
It’s officially summer time and the fourth of July is right around the corner. Tis the season to fire up the barbies! As a whole food plant-based advocate, throw on a portobello mushroom cap for me please! However, I know that there are plenty of […]
I literally came across photos of these cookies less than 2 hours ago and immediately decided to whip up a batch. I made some minor tweaks to suit my taste, however the base of this recipe comes from Sweet Potato Soul’s 5-ingredient Chocolate Tahini Cookies, (love her!). My version has more than 5 ingredients, but it’s still a quick, easy, one-bowl minimal mess type of recipe that turned out to be dangerously delicious. Enjoy!
Let’s just cut to the chase with this one. Donut Friend makes the best doughnuts I’ve ever had. Period. This review is over! Seriously… what more is there to say?! Ok ok, I suppose I’ll keep writing for those who care for a bit more […]
As you may know, this blog is brand spanking new which means that I actually have a lot of catching up to do in terms of restaurant reviews. I’ll be playing catch up with reviews of: Hillcrest Farmer’s Market, VeggieGrill, Cafe Gratitude, Donut Friend, Nomad […]
Whoo hoo! Cheers to my first official restaurant review! My goal is to keep these short and sweet, yet informative as well. Let me know how I do! Most of the time I will likely have company during these reviews, and I think it’d only be fair to share and account for their viewpoints as well. In today’s review, I’m joined by my fiancé, Alex!
We had lunch (11:30AM ish) at EVE, which stands for Encinitas Vegan Experience. I first discovered them via Instagram, then ran into them again after learning that they are one of the few plantbased/vegan restaurants that I can get delivered to work; I had forgotten my lunch that day… I HATE it when that happens! I ended up going elsewhere that day, so today was my first experience dining here.
- Atmosphere/Ambiance – This is an informal eatery where you order at the counter, take a number and sit wherever you’d like. We chose the seating outside along the succulent garden, and helped ourselves to the self-serve water. They have quite a large storefront and I loved the vibe amongst the plants, wood furnishings, eco-friendly bowls/plates/takeaway containers, mason jar glasses, and the doggie water dish along the entryway. My only con is not necessarily their fault… street parking was hard to come by.
- Cleanliness – Neither of us noticed anything off-putting and felt very safe/comfortable dining here.
- Service – Too bad I didn’t catch the cashier’s name! She greeted us with a warm smile, delivered the food to our table, and also checked back mid way to see if we needed anything else. Our meals were served quickly.
- Food – I ordered the Havana Affair Buddha Bowl because any dish with plantains has my name all over it. As the name suggests, it was a cuban inspired bowl of quinoa, rice, plantains, black beans, yams, slaw, and a creamy flavorful sauce. It was delicious, guilt-free, and healthy. I would definitely recommend it and am inspired to attempt a recreation of it at home. Alex ordered the BBQ Jackfruit plate, which seemed to have been the most popular suggestion on Yelp. The presentation of both dishes were great! So colorful, appetizing, and instagram worthy! Alex enjoyed his as well; in particular he LOVED the cornbread, the baked beans and tangy BBQ sauce, but wasn’t too keen on the jackfruit itself . Perhaps (being a meat eating BBQ connoisseur) he was thrown off by the jackfruit texture and should’ve gone for the seitan version first?
- Would we go back? Shana says Yes! I loved the Buddha Bowl and can’t wait to try the others! Alex (the carnivore) says yes, but would order something else. Unfortunately he had just missed their breakfast offering of pancakes.
After a SUPER long hiatus, I recently logged into the video manager section of my Youtube account and was semi shocked to see how long it has been since I last filmed and uploaded a video! Yes, logically I know it has been a while, […]
Print Recipe PB Banana Oatmeal Servings Ingredients 1/2 cup Rolled Oats1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Plant Milk1 Very Ripe Banana1 tsp Cinnamon1/4 tsp Nutmeg1 pinch Sea SaltOptional Topping Ideas: 100% Pure Maple Syrup, Nuts, Nut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chips, Coconut Servings Ingredients 1/2 cup Rolled Oats1 […]