This blog post is inspired by all of the people who have reached out to me for foodie recommendations, when planning a trip to San Diego. Thank you for trusting my tastebuds! You are in good hands my friend! Even though I still have every intention to consistently post restaurant reviews on this platform, until then I’ve decided to compile a list of my top 3 (current) favorite places + meal recommendations. Believe me, this was hard to narrow down… we’ve got so many great options here!
Additionally, per popular request, below you will find Alex’s picks (not-vegan) as well as our collective picks! As a vegan/non-vegan couple, these are the places that we happily dine at together with no compromises needed!
MY PICKS (100% PLANTBASED) –
- DINNER: Donna Jean SD – The non-negotiable must-orders are: Cast Iron Mac n Cheese, Black Widow Pizza, Hot Shrooms
- BRUNCH: Kindred – Butterscotch Pancakes, Hashes for the Mashes
- LUNCH: Grains – Bahn Mi, Salt n Pepper Calamari (Alex’s fav), Tom Kah Soup, Thai Yellow Curry
ALEX’S PICKS (NOT VEGAN) –
- CASUAL DINING: Crab Hut – any bucket of crab/seafood, corn & potato mix
- FAST FOOD: Shake Shack – Bacon Double Cheeseburger
- CASUAL DINING: Streetcar Merchants – Chicken & Waffles
COLLECTIVE (WIN-WIN) –